123.hp.com/envy5660 Wireless Setup
Step 1: Prepare for 123.hp.com/envy5660 installation
Before setting up the 123.hp.com/envy5660 printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.
- Gather the following items:
- Network name: The network name is the
- Network password (WEP key or WPA security passphrase)
- A computer connected to your wireless network
- Internet access (recommended):HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.
- Your wireless-capable printer: Place your printer close to the computer during the installation.
- USB cable: The installer prompts you when to connect the USB cable.
- Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you are connecting the printer.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
Step 2: Download and install the driver
To set up the 123.hp.com/envy5660 printer on a wireless network, install the print driver, and then temporarily connect the USB cable from the printer to the computer. This allows the printer to gather the necessary wireless information from the computer.
As an alternative method to downloading the software, you can use the installation CD.
- Go to hp.com.
- Enter your printer model number, and then click Begin.
- Click Download, and then click Open, Save, or Run in any windows that display to download the driver to your computer.
- Double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar or in the Downloads folder on the computer to launch the driver installation.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection setup and driver installation.
- Return to the 123.hp.com page in your web browser to complete the printer registration and activation.
What can I do to troubleshoot network or printer connection issues?
HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor to diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to quickly and automatically perform several troubleshooting tasks known to resolve this issue. When this link is clicked, HP Print and Scan Doctor is downloaded using your Internet browser’s download capabilities.
Try these recommendations and procedures to help troubleshoot and avoid wireless connectivity issues.
- Restart the printer and the computer: Restarting the computer and the printer can clear possible error conditions.
- Confirm the printer connection and network name: On your printer, make sure the Wireless feature is on, and the printer is connected to the same network as your computer or mobile device.
Some printers have a Wireless icon and a blue light on the printer control panel. Make sure this light is on, and not blinking.
If you connect your printer with a USB cable, HP ePrint does not work.
- Manually connect the printer to the network: Many HP printers have a wireless setup wizard tool available on the printer control panel network or wireless settings menus. Follow the on-screen instructions to type your network name and password to connect the printer to the network.
- Move the printer and router closer together: Move the printer and the computer closer to your wireless router, but no closer than 6 ft (1.8 m). Wireless signals can be weaker at greater distances between the printer and the router.
- Restart the router: If you are experiencing a slow or intermittent wireless connection, try restarting your router. Consult your router manufacturer, Internet service provider, or network administrator for instructions on how to restart the router.
- Check the router band setting: HP printers only support the 2.4GHz band. If your router is set to the 5GHz band, the printer cannot connect to the network.
- Check your firewall software: Your firewall software might prevent the printer from accessing the computer. Accept or allow any firewall messages that display during the printer software download and installation, or configure the software to allow HP downloads and installations.
- Check for obstructions between the printer and the router: Remove any metal objects between the printer, the computer, and the access point (router). Objects such as refrigerators or metal bookcases can interfere with wireless signals.
- Check for other devices that emit radio and wireless signals: Move any devices that emit radio signals, such as microwaves and cordless telephones, farther away from the printer. They can interfere with wireless signals.
- Set the IP address on the printer: Your printer can bypass automatic IP address assignment by DHCP and use any valid IP address you choose. Use the front panel menu to type an IP address that is valid for use on your local area network.
Can I set up the wireless connection if I already installed the HP software and driver?
If you previously installed the software for a USB or Ethernet network connection, and now want to switch to a wireless connection, you can change the connection type with the HP software.
- In your list of installed software programs, open the HP folder, click the folder for your printer, and then click the name of your printer. The printer software opens.
- Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software.
- Click Connect a new printer, then follow the on-screen instructions to set up the printer on your wireless network.
What if the HP Installer recommends to send the wireless settings to my printer?
- If you install your driver within one to two hours after you first setup the 123.hp.com/setup 5660 printer, you might see a ‘Yes, send my wireless settings to the printer (recommended)’ option during the installation.
- HP Auto Wireless Connect automatically connects your printer to your wireless network without cables or entering network name and password settings. Many HP printers use this method to connect, depending on your computer and network environment.
- HP recommends this network setup method if it displays. If this method does not display, you can connect to the wireless network with a temporary USB connection.
HP Envy 5660 Disclaimer
123-hp-com-envy5660.co is an independent website for providing you with information regarding HP Envy 5660 printers. This site doesn’t have specific association with “HP” and its services. All the information and images used in this website are for informational purpose only. We do not sell products or services of HP in any form. We do not provide any warranty or services associated with manufacturer. You should approach the manufacturer for the same. Download the latest printer driver for your HP Envy 5660 Printer from https://123.hp.com/envy5660.